About Festival of Speed, 2017.
In past events, the car that takes Beast of the East normally walks away with almost half of the awards. This year, in an effort to “spread the wealth” so more people have a shot at those amazing Jason Schmuck awards, we will be trying something new.
Introducing the Beast Coast “Pro” Tournament.
- 16 cars
- Single Elimination
- Strict Pacing rules (cars must be within 1 car length at start)
- Start speed is the same
- Start distance is the same
- Entry into the Pro tournament will disqualify you from the other awards, BUT qualify you for the Beast of the East and the $1000 cash prize.
- Being “eliminated” from the tournament will not disqualify you from racing the rest of the day. You will be allowed to continue running, just with no eligibility for any of the awards. Your MPH will be tracked.
- Seeding will be chosen at random. Cars will need to disclose their horsepower prior to the event. The start and pacing section of the race will be ultra important. This Pro tournament/ranking is aimed at seasoned racers with high horsepower cars so, as such you will be expected to race as professionals. This means that more emphasis will be placed on nailing the start every-time otherwise there will be consequences (more details on that later).
Open Roll Racing
- All races will be started from a 45 MPH +5/-5 roll side by side for 1,500 FT.
- All driver’s will be required to wear helmets for this event (Snell 2000 or better).
Open Roll Racing Categories
- Fastest AWD
- Fastest FWD
- Fastest RWD
- Fastest NA
- Fastest Forced Induction
- Fastest Heavy Weight (4200lb Minimum)
- Fastest Domestic
- Fastest Import
- Fastest Manual Transmission
Car Show Categories
(requires spectator pass purchase to show)
- Best Domestic
- Best Import
- Best in show
- Best Engine Bay
- Best Exotic
- Best Stance
Drag Racing avialible only to roll racers after roll race event is complete – test & tune.
Terms and Conditions for Beast Coast Shootout – Summer Showdown
- All Drivers and Crew must review the event registration waivers, tech sheet, forms, general event rules and rules & regulations.
- Signing the required forms to valid your compliance and understanding is required in order to participate at the event.
- Rain policy is that racers will receive full credit to race at a future Beast Coast ShootOut event. Refunds will be not be granted.
- If the Beast Coast Summer Showdown event is canceled prior to July 10th, for reasons other then weather, then full refunds will be given to prepaid spectators.
- All media taken during the event is the property of Beast Coast ShootOut L.L.C. Distribution without consent from Beast Coast ShootOut L.L.C. will result in legal ramifications.
Beast Coast Shootout Race Series
The Beast Coast ShootOut’s goal is to bring together fellow enthusiasts to enjoy the rush of top speed racing in a safe, competitive format that’s friendly to racers and spectators alike. In addition to the racing, we also will provide one of the region’s best car shows as well as an excellent trade show for companies to display their hottest products.
Beast Coast was started with passion and continues to be driven by it. It’s for car people, by car people.
(All media/photos provided by Jake Peters Photography)